What Personal Data do we collect?
We process Personal Data that has been voluntarily provided by you when you use the Sites or Apps. Automatic Collection of Information. Personal Data is processed automatically when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your identity (such as your name or contact information), but may include device and usage information such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language settings, URLs, device name, country, location, data about how and when you use our Sites, and other technical information. This data is primarily necessary to maintain the security and performance of our Sites and for our internal analytics and reporting. Like many other companies, we collect information using cookies and similar technologies.
How is this information used?
Will your information be shared with others?
We share and disclose your Personal Information only with your consent or in the following situations:
- When required by law. We may disclose your Personal Information if required to comply with the law, at a government request, in the event of litigation, or by court order.
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your Personal Information if necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any individual and illegal activity, or as evidence in legal proceedings involving us.
- With your consent. We may disclose your Personal Information with your consent.
Is your personal data transferred outside the European Union?
- standard data protection provisions adopted by the European Commission or relevant data protection authorities; or
- a decision of the European Commission confirming that a third country is capable of providing adequate protection for your Personal Data; or
- with your consent or other legal basis on which we are authorized to make the transfer.
How do we interact with third party websites?
How long is your Personal Data kept for?
- To comply with legal obligations under EU / local law (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering Regulations or Licensing Regulations);
- To substantiate or defend legal claims (e.g. negligence claims) that may be brought against us;
- To fulfill our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the Personal Data in question;
- Our legitimate interests to carry out analytical work;
- To comply with the requirements of competent authorities to protect Personal Data.
If there is no legal requirement to process your Personal Data at the current time, we will delete it or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in back-up archives), your Personal Data will be kept secure and isolated from further processing until deletion is possible.
How do we ensure the security of your Personal Data?
Our sites have in place all necessary technical and organizational security measures designed to protect any Personal Data we process. We have an Anti-Fraud Unit and state-of-the-art systems to detect and prevent suspicious activity. Any account involved in suspicious activity will be suspended and thoroughly investigated. If you, as a user, have any concerns about activity related to your account, such as transactions you did not make or unexpected changes to your balance, please contact us immediately. We will do our best to protect your Personal Data, but please remember that we cannot guarantee the complete security of the entire Internet. Transmission of Personal Data to and from our Sites is at your own risk. Only provide access to Personal Data if it is safe to do so.
Do we collect Personal Data from minors?
We do not collect Personal Data or offer our services to anyone under the age of eighteen (18). By using our Sites, you certify that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age. If you become aware that a user of the Site is under the age of eighteen (18), that account will be immediately deleted and steps will be taken to promptly delete all Personal Information about that user. If you become aware that we have Personal Data of anyone under the age of eighteen (18) in our database, please contact us by email.
What are your Privacy Rights?
You have certain rights under applicable Personal Data protection laws. These may include the right to
Request access to and receive a copy of your Personal Data:
You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data. In addition, you also have the right to request that your Personal Data that we hold that may be incorrect or has changed since it was provided, edited or deleted. These requests are processed free of charge and can be sent by email.
Request for Personal Data to be edited or deleted:
- You may request the deletion of your Personal Data, for example, when:
- The Personal Data is no longer necessary due to the purposes for which it was collected;
- You have previously consented to the use of your Personal Data but have decided to withdraw your consent and we do not have a lawful basis for using it under the Personal Data Protection Act;
- If we cannot provide a lawful basis for continuing to process Personal Data;
- We do not have a lawful basis under the Personal Data Protection Regulation to continue processing your Personal Data;
- Personal Data must be deleted as required by law;
- This right has a mandatory retention period in accordance with local laws and regulations.
Restriction of processing of your Personal Data:
You have the right to restrict (“block” or “prohibit”) the processing of your Personal Data. If processing is restricted by you, your Personal Data will still be stored, but we will not use it further. We keep a strict record of users who have requested to block further use of their Personal Data to ensure they comply with the restriction in the future. You can exercise this right when:
- you dispute the accuracy of the Personal Data (while we are conducting data checks);
- the processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of the Personal Data by requesting restriction of the processing instead;
- we no longer have a need to process your Personal Data, but you request it to exercise your right or to defend yourself against legal action;
- we process your Personal Data in our legitimate business interests, but you object and in the meantime we are checking whether there are grounds to continue processing the data.
Obtaining Personal Data: You have the right to receive the Personal Data you provide to us in a standard automated format. This allows you to receive your own data and reuse it as you see fit. However, this is not a general right and only arises when the processing of your Personal Data:
Is based on your consent or, where necessary, to fulfill the terms of the agreement;
when the data is only subject to automatic processing.
You can send your data request to us by email.
Withdrawal of consent to process Personal Data:
All requests to withdraw consent to the processing of Personal Data are dealt with in accordance with applicable Personal Data protection legislation. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to its withdrawal. If you reside in the European Economic Area and believe that we are unlawfully processing your Personal Data, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Personal Data Protection Supervisory Authority. You can find their contact details at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Cookies and other technologies.